Re: how to get the Energy deposition in mixture of Gd2O3+Al2O3

From: Giuseppe Battistoni <Giuseppe.Battistoni_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 17:50:01 +0200

It is not possible to separate the contribution explicitely.
However, since you are dealing with a low energy photon beam, and therefore
just pure e.m. processes contribute, I would do the following evaluation
a posteriori:
take the energy deposition in the region and calculate the share
between Gd203 and Al203 according to their respective partial
electron density in your mixture.
I think that this would give a reasonable guess.

      GIuseppe Battistoni