Re: Normalization of dose and fluence in USRBIN

From: Alberto Fasso' <fasso_at_slac.stanford.edu>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 06:43:44 -0700 (PDT)

Daniel,

> So I am basically wondering if dose and fluence are normalised by unit volume
> or not.

the answer is very simple:

dose and fluence are normalised by unit volume in two cases:
1) when bin volumes are easily calculated by the code (Cartesian, R-Z)
2) when using the SCORE command and region volumes have been input by the user
     at the end of the geometry input

they are not normalized by volume in all other cases, in particular in region
binning.

Alberto