Question on results interpretation

From: beatrice pomaro <pomaro_at_dic.unipd.it>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 15:58:41 +0200

Dear Fluka experts,
      I need a help in the interpretation of the results of the xxx.out file.
The geometry is a concrete room around a UC2 target. Near the point
of coordinates (400, 500, 370) a small portion of the concrete
shielding is created at a mesoscale: aggregates and paste. Fission
reactions are produced by collisions of protons on the target.
I provide you the two .out files of the problem in which two
different compositions have been considered for the aggregates in the
cement paste (quarzitic in one and limestone in the other) and a file
with usrbin results in terms of energy deposition.
I expected to see a lower amount of deposited energy out from the
aggregate, i.e. in the cement paste, where a certain amount of
hydrogen is present, supposed to shield against neutrons; but this is
not; on the contrary, comparing deposited energy in quartz aggregates
and limestone aggregates a lower amount is found for the latter,
which contains more hydrogen, as expected.
May the contradictory results depend on the density of aggregates
(higher than for the cement paste)?
Am I missing informations from the .out files?

Thank you,
any help would be appreciated,
Kind regards,
Beatrice

Ing. Beatrice Pomaro

Universita' degli Studi di Padova
Dipartimento di Costruzioni e Trasporti
Via F. Marzolo, 9 - 35131 Padova (Italy)
tel.: +39 049 8275605
e-mail: pomaro_at_dic.unipd.it