Re: usrbin and beamparticles

From: Mina Nozar <nozarm_at_triumf.ca>
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2011 09:57:37 -0700

Thank you Paola.

I think I am confusing particle density with particle track length density (which is fluence).

The reason I am looking at beam particle fluence in a given volume is to confirm my calculation for the amount of an
Aluminium or Copper slab necessary to stop remaining electrons after going through a Tantalum converter and before
reaching a depleted Uranium target.

So I look at the beam particle fluence density distribution using the usrbin estimator. I still see beam particles
(beam particle fluence) after using the right amount of Al or Cu in the target region and I am wondering what is going
on. Is this the right distribution to look at for my purposes?

I also scored beam particle star density (stars/cm^3*prim) distribution using the usrbin estimator which should be
equivalent to beam particles since stars is the defined as the number of inelastic interactions caused by a beam
particle. I have results for that today and will check.

Thanks and best wishes,
Mina