RE: Difficulty in defining the geometry

From: Santana, Mario <msantana_at_SLAC.Stanford.EDU>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 08:39:46 -0700

As far as I know It is not possible to define a torus with FLUKA. None of
the existing body types (http://www.fluka.org/fluka.php?id=man_onl&sub=94) corresponds to a torus.
Note also that a torus is a quartic (not a quadric) so I cannot be even described by the generic QUA body.
A way around this is to approach your torus by a series of stacked rings of different width or by a string
of cylinders at small angles with respect to the neighboring one. Also, I remember that Alberto Fasso had
developed and implementation of the torus for FLUKA.