RE: Origin of neutron production

From: Francesco Cerutti <Francesco.Cerutti_at_cern.ch>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 19:28:18 +0100

> In addition to simply looking at where the neutrons are produced I think it
> would also be interesting to investigate the origin of the neutrons
> depositing dose in a patient or phantom. In other words, I wish to mark each
> neutron with a flag identifying in which region it was produced and when
> scoring neutrons in an arbitrary region be able to see where these neutrons
> were produced.
>
> Do you have any suggestions on how to achieve this? I assume that in this
> case I would have to use and modify a user routine?

Correct, you can intercept the neutron at its generation and associate to
it the region number which is then propagated across further tracking and
interactions. To this purpose, have a look at the advanced lecture
https://www.fluka.org/free_download/course/portugal2010/Lectures/AdvancedUserRoutines2010.pdf
slides 25-30 concerning stuprf

Cheers

Francesco