Re: Energy of particles from heavy ion collisions?

From: Howard Matis <hsmatis_at_lbl.gov>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2012 10:59:36 -0800

Francesco,

Thank you for your answer. We were surprised when we saw that there
were lots of nucleons with energy at 125 GeV for Pb-Pb collisions at 100
GeV. Initially, I thought that the effect would have been much less.

We then did a quick estimate and discovered that Fermi momentum did have
such a large effect. Thus, to first order, we believe the results that
we are getting. We have not done independent calculations to check the
tails. At this level, the event generator is good for us to proceed.

Howard