Re: EVENTBIN for a selected energy region

From: Paola Sala <paola.sala_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 19:44:56 +0100 (CET)

Hi Georgios
It is true that your scoring has many binnings, but are you sure that this
is the reason of the slow simulations? This can happen, but only in
particular simulations, usually the cpu load comes from physics and
tracking. One very simple test would be to repeat the same simulation
without the eventbin card.
For what concerns the limits on "deposited energy", sorry but I do not
understand. Do you mean a limit on the energy of the particle, or on the
energy deposited in one step? Could you please explain?
Also for your last question, I need more input. The "threshold" in fluka
refers to the energy of the particle that is transported, not to the
energy that it can deposit.
Sorry for having more questions than answers..
Paola

> Dear experts,
>
> I am using Cartesian EVENTBIN as:
> EVENTBIN -10.0 208.0 -62.0 65.0 65.0 65.0
> GasRegion
> EVENTBIN -65.0 -65.0 -65.0 260. 260. 260. &
> *
>
> Full scoring region has s 200 x 200 x 200 bins with 0.5 cm width.
>
> The problem is that it takes too long in time to complete the simulation.
>
> The energy deposited in the scored region is from 0 - 1.3 MeV BUT I am
> interested only in the very low energy regime 1 - 10 keV.
>
> I wonder whether I could speed up the simulation by choosing to record
> only the energy deposited via EVENTBIN only in the 1-10 keV region.
>
> Do you think that could simplify the problem leading to a much faster
> simulation?
>
> How I could select the energy deposition regime?
>
> In addition, in the manual is written that the threshold for e/g
> transport/production is 1 keV.
>
> How I could trust in this version of FLUKA-2011 the energy deposition
> spectrum < 1 keV?
>
> Thanks alot in advance
>
> Regards
>

> Georgios