Re: Secondary Alpha and Recoil Nuclei

From: Mary Chin <mary.chin_at_cern.ch>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 21:03:18 +0200

Hello Fawaz,

> Is this because FLUKA does not transport these particles?

*I assume you mean heavy ions. FLUKA does transport them if the user:
- requests so via the IONTRANS card; or
- asks for an ion beam.

> Is this because ...

*No. Even without ion transport activated, ions are ranged out and the
energy IS always deposited.

> I am applying the DETECT card
> I am seeing the protons but I am not seeing the alpha and C, O, N

*How do you "see protons but not alphas, C, O, N" in the DETECT output?

Residual nuclei are typically scored using the RESNUCLEi card.

Energy deposition can be scored not only using DETECT but also USRBIN.
DETECT is for (anti-)coincidence, trigger and/or pulse-height spectrum
(i.e. multiple energy depositions resulting from the same primary are
summed as one count). USRBIN is generally more versatile.

If you really need to see each recoil in action, then mgdraw would be the
user routine to go for.

:) mary