Re: the Boltzmann Equation in FLUKA

From: Alberto Fasso' <fasso_at_SLAC.Stanford.EDU>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 06:16:40 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Yuanjie Bi,

the Boltzmann Equation is solved by FLUKA in its integral form, i.e.
by integrating over particle histories. The integration is done using
the random sampling method (Monte Carlo method).
There is nothing special you must do to solve the Boltzmann Equation,
except just running FLUKA.
If you want to know more, you can read the following article, and the
references reported there:
A. Fasso`, A. Ferrari and P.R. Sala, "Radiation transport calculations and
simulations", Radiat. Prot. Dosim. 137, 118-133 (2009).

Best regards,

Alberto