Re: How do I decrease run time?

From: Alberto Fasso' <fasso_at_SLAC.Stanford.EDU>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 08:32:48 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Vahan,

since you are "new in fluka", I would like to give you a bit of advice.
When you ask a question to the discussion list, give as much information
as you can about your problem, and especially ALWAYS send your input file.
What is the electron energy? What is the purpose of your calculation?
Are you interested in neutron production?

For instance, a possibility to reduce the run time is to use "leading particle
biasing" (command EMF-BIAS), but only if the electron energy is high. You
could raise the electron transport and production thresholds, but if you are
interested in fine dosimetry perhaps that wouldn't work.

Alberto