Re: Fluka crashes for higher primaries for heavy ion

From: Jean-Emmanuel Groetz <jegroetz_at_univ-fcomte.fr>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 16:18:29 +0200

Mohammad,

On my workstation, I ran your input with 10000 primaries: see the
attached plot.
I linked the DPMJET/RQMD modules with flair (Link ->ldpmqmd and Exe
->flukadpm).
Don't forget to first compile the ldpmqmd file located in the flutil
directory.

Hope this helps.

Jean-Emmanuel

Jean-Emmanuel Groetz
Laboratoire Chrono-Environnement UMR CNRS 6249
Chimie-Physique & Rayonnements
Université de Franche-Comté
16 route de Gray
25030 Besançon Cedex
France
mailto : jegroetz_at_univ-fcomte.fr
tel : +33 (0) 3 81 66 65 07
fax : +33 (0) 3 81 66 65 22
Le jeudi 18 octobre 2012 à 21:04 -0500, Mohammad Islam a écrit :

> Dear Fluka experts,
>
> I was trying to get an LET spectrum from 956 MeV/n Fe beam behind
> aluminium shield using an gas filled detector. For heavy ion, I used
> flukadpm3 executables (I am not sure if I am right). Using FLAIR, I
> can run this input for 1000 primaries but if I increase the primaries
> (e.g. 10,000) it finishes with error. If I don't use any executables
> this input runs fine even for higher primaries but that is not what I
> want. I tried this in several computers but I did not succeed. Could
> any one please suggest me how can I run this input for higher number
> of primaries (10^6 at least). I  Vastly appreciate any kind of help.
> Attached is the input.
>
> Sincerely
> Mohammad
> Physics dept, Oklahoma State University