Re: Dose point kernel and electron ranges

From: Alfredo Ferrari <alfredo.ferrari_at_cern.ch>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 16:18:58 +0100

Dear Jean-Emmanuel

surely the boundaries between the shells are disturbing the correct
elctron propagation if the shells are very narrow. One obvious
solution is to force single scattering everywhere with the MULSOPT
option, or (it should be enough) to force single scattering every time
the conditions for multiple scattering are not met
(eg MULSOPT with what(4)=1, what(5)=1, what(6)=1, or 2000 for single
scattering everywhere, sdum=GLOBEMF)

In general one should avoid to introduce fictitiouos boundaries
particularly if they are very close one to another.

However the lack of a spherical user binning makes it hard to do
otherwise...

                      Ciao
                     Alfredo

| Alfredo Ferrari || Tel.: +41.22.76.76119 |
| CERN-EN/STI || Fax.: +41.22.76.69474 |
| 1211 Geneva 23 || e-mail: Alfredo.Ferrari_at_cern.ch |
| Switzerland || |