Can I define optical property for a wide wavelength range ?

From: zhiqiu li <zhiqiu.li_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2013 17:44:01 -0500

Dear group,

I want to simulate Cherenkov optical photon production within a wide
wavelength range, 200 nm to 800 nm for example.

But for the refraction index, according to the manual of OPT-PROP, I
can only define its value at center wavelength with 3 order of
derivatives.

So the curve of refraction index v.s. wavelength should be linear for
this simulation to be accurate. But it is impossible for my case with
wide wavelength range.

My question is:

1. Is there a way to interface a user routine to provide refraction
index for different wavelengths during simulation? How?

2. If 1 is impossible, can I modify the code of optical photon
transmission of FLUKA to realize my idea? Can anyone give me some hint
about where to start?

Thanks for your help !