R: RE: Program received signal SIGFPE: Floating-point exception - erroneous arithmetic operation.

From: <francesca.belloni_at_libero.it>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 10:18:19 +0200 (CEST)

Dear Vasilis,
      thank you a lot for your answer.
I added a beam energy in the beam card and shortened the lines with more than
72 characters in the
source.f file, but I still get the same error.
      I cleaned a little the files and they are again in attachment.
The misalignment problems seem to occur when files are being attached, and I
do not know why.
I hope this time files do not result corrupted.
    I have no guess about the problem.
Any suggestion is welcome.

Thank you a lot,
best regards,
Francesca

discuss_at_fluka.org"<fluka-discuss_at_fluka.org>
>Ogg: RE: Program received signal SIGFPE: Floating-point exception -
erroneous arithmetic operation.

>Hi Francesca,
>
>the files you have send seemed somehow corrupted.
>e.g.
>source.f: all continuation lines are shifted by one space as well some lines
extend over the column 72
>PXGM.inp: the geometry is written in the old COMBINAT format with all
bodies/regions shifted by one space which makes fluka to crash immediately.

>Now the real problem should come from the fact that you didn't specify
anything as beam energy in the BEAM card. Fluka is using this information
(even if you use a custom SOURCE routine) for initializing all cross sections,
dE/dx tabulations etc.
>In your case FLUKA is using 200 GeV/c so it could be that you have a particle
generated from your source routine with higher momentum than 200 GeV/c.

>Best Regards
>Vasilis

behalf of francesca.belloni_at_libero.it [francesca.belloni_at_libero.it]