RE: secondary electron production theory

From: Vasilis Vlachoudis <Vasilis.Vlachoudis_at_cern.ch>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 09:50:06 +0000

Dear Saneesh

indeed ionization losses occur through electron (delta rays) and nuclear recoils. FLUKA is treating the energy losses as continuous and/or discrete events depending
whether a coulomb interaction results in a “substantial” energy to be transfered. This threshold is controlled with the DELTARAY card. Please look the manual how to
lower the threshold of the delta ray production. However if you lower too much you are going to explode the CPU time.

Best Regards
Vasilis