Defining a beam along X axis with a rectangular spread in in Y and Z

From: Mina Nozar <nozarm_at_triumf.ca>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 15:44:35 -0700

Hello everyone,

This is the first time I have had to define a beam that is not along the
z axis and am having trouble figuring out how to define it.

The beam is an electron beam at 75 MeV. It is along the x axis and is
square in shape (in y and z) after the raster magnet.
I tried:

BEAM -.075 4.0 4.0 1.0ELECTRON
BEAMPOS -260. 76.0 2941.5 1.

And looked at the beam distribution but the distribution does not look
right.

Do I need to use the BEAMAXES card? If so, what should the parameters
to it be? Reading the description on BEAMAXES card, it is not clear to
me what the WHAT(s) should be. After setting these parameters, how does
the BEAM card know that the 4x4 cm is the shape of the beam in the Y and
Z directions?

Thanks a lot,
Mina