Flair and problem with saving 'png', gif, or jpg' files

From: Mina Nozar <nozarm_at_triumf.ca>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 13:00:14 -0700

Hello,

I have been having a problem saving plots in 'png', 'gif', or 'jpg'
formats. Whenever I try to do this, I get an output file of zero
size. I don't see an error message in the output window.

When I try to create this file by hand through gnuplot on the same
machine (i.e. with the same version of gnuplot, V4.2) , the file gets
saved and looks fine when I go to view it. So far, I have been getting
around this problem by converting the 'eps' file but I would rather not
have to do this in multiple steps. Anyone knows what is going on?
Anyone is seeing a similar problem?

Thanks and best wishes,
Mina