RE: deuteron

From: Anton Lechner <Anton.Lechner_at_cern.ch>
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2013 10:57:35 +0000

Dear Marzieh,

I think you are missing some physical process in your explanation. Considering that your primary particles are protons and that your "tar2" region is composed of Zn-66 (in addition to oxygen), I would assume that Ga-67 can result from radiative proton capture (Zn-66(p,gamma)Ga-67). Looking into some of the particular events where Ga-67 isotopes are produced, I indeed see that it is the primary proton which has an interaction at the position where Ga-67 is produced.

Cheers, Anton