RE: [fluka-discuss]: gplevbin and errorbars

From: Joachim Vollaire <joachim.vollaire_at_cern.ch>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 23:12:45 +0000

Hi Zhiyi

In fact this information is available in the chapter 2 of the manual (you don't need to read the entire manual) : "2 A FLUKA beginner's guide" which summarizes the main things to know to run and access results of a FLUKA problem...

2.2.11 Initialisation of the random number sequence

The random number sequence used in a run is initialised by default by the seeds contained in file random.dat provided with the code. To calculate the statistical error of the results, it is necessary to perform other independent runs (at least 4 or 5), each with a different independent initialisation, using the seeds written by the program at the end of each run. The rfluka script provided with the code on UNIX and LINUX platforms takes care of this task, provided the following card is issued in the input file:

Cheers
Joachim