Re: [fluka-discuss]: Cell identification of EVENTBIN output

From: sarchia <Lucia.Sarchiapone_at_lnl.infn.it>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 11:10:21 +0200

Il 19/09/2013 11:20, saneesh_at_iuac.res.in ha scritto:
> Dear Fluka experts,
> I am trying in event by event energy deposition of proton in a
> medium using EVENTBIN card. The binning region consists of 27 cells
> of size 3*3*3 cm^3. The formatted output shows number of hit cells
> and energy deposited in some particular cells. Can anybody please
> tell me the way to identify the position (x,y,z) of those cells?
> for example, one output file shows,
>
> Number of hit cells: 3
> 4 2.02581175E-02 13 2.66301949E-02 22
> 5.15722260E-02
>
> In this, how to find the position coordinate of 4, 13 and 22 ?
>
> I, also, would like to know to which cell the particle interacts
> first. The first cell will always be in the direction of arriving
> particle(s). This will help me in eliminating energy deposited by any
> scattered particle from directly interacting particles.
> I have attached a copy of the input file and EVENTBIN output along with
> this mail. Please help me to find the solutions
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Saneesh N
Dear Saneesh,
your first question about cell index and x,y,z position could find an
answer following this link,

http://www.fluka.org/web_archive/earchive/new-fluka-discuss/2706.html

where Ercan is also attaching a fortran routine.
Concerning the second point, about discrimination of energy deposited by
scattered particles or beam particles: could an AUXSCORE card make the
trick? I mean associating an AUXSCORE card to the EVENTBIN to filter
just the energy deposited by BEAMPARTicles?

Cheers,

Lucia