Re: [fluka-discuss]: simulating dynamic IMRT cases

From: Giuseppe Battistoni <giuseppe.battistoni_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2013 09:12:27 +0200

Dear Maan
there is no possibility for the normal user to change the shape of geometrical bodies during the run,
although this in principle would be possible in FLUKA (but dangerous because in general would be cause
of fundamental errors that could also be hard to detect).
In the case like yours, we safely split the job in different sub-jobs, each one with a different
configuration of the collimator, and each one with a number of primaries proportional to the planned intensity
for that configuration.
This is also (for the moment) the strategy that we normally adopt for 4D treatment planning. In this last case
it is the patient geometry which is going to be changed instead, as, for example,
to consider different breathing phases).
Regards
        Giuseppe

--
INFN Sezione di Milano