[fluka-discuss]: Re: Need your help

From: Francesco Cerutti <Francesco.Cerutti_at_cern.ch>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 12:04:38 +0100

Dear Oyeon,

if you want to get the isotope production per beam particle, use the
RESNUCLEi card *with no association to any cooling time* (i.e. do no put
your RESNUCLEi detector name in any DCYSCORE card). Concerning the
normalization to the region volume (just used as a scaling factor), if you
do not specify the latter in the RESNUCLEi card the resulting values
actually will not be expressed per cmc (despite the unit label in the
file, assuming in this case a default normalizing volume of 1 cmc) but
will refer to the whole region (nuclei/p in that region).
To process RESNUCLEi results, use usrsuw.

(Bq is the unit for the activity of radioisotopes *at a given time*, which
is the product of the radioisotope population at that time - depending
on build-up [from direct production and parent decay] and decay - by its
decay constant).

Best regards

Francesco

Francesco Cerutti