Re: [fluka-discuss]: eta(550) decays

From: Alfredo Ferrari <alfredo.ferrari_at_cern.ch>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 14:45:39 +0100

Dear Joe

are you sure your BG is really due to eta's from neutrons?

A quick look into the PDG gives as possible baryon resonances decaying
into eta's only the N*(1520) with a tiny branching ratio of 2.3 10^-3
bracketed because highly uncertain, and the N*(1535) with a sizeable
branching. I'll comment later on the status of FLUKA event generators
wrt those resonances. Only, if I run 3 GeV (GeV, not GeV/c) neutrons
on Aluminum I get roughly 1 eta every 100 interactions, which could be
completely wrong (likely it is understimated) but not 0.

Were you speaking about n-Al or n-H?

              Ciao
             Alfredo

| Alfredo Ferrari || Tel.: +41.22.76.76119 |
| CERN-EN/STI || Fax.: +41.22.76.69474 |
| 1211 Geneva 23 || e-mail: Alfredo.Ferrari_at_cern.ch |
| Switzerland || |