Re: [fluka-discuss]: Surface Source for fluka

From: Francesco Cerutti <Francesco.Cerutti_at_cern.ch>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 18:29:27 +0100

Dear Benjaminas,

the 2-steps calculation you envisage is certainly possible, but not
trivial, requiring care in normalization and statistical error judgment
(whereas built-in biasing options already assure both).

One can intercept particles crossing a boundary and dump their properties
through customized user routine coding, e.g in the ENTRY BXDRAW of
mgdraw.f (activated by the USERDUMP card) or instead in fluscw.f
(activated by the USERWEIG card coupled to a suitable USRBDX detector).
Then these can be loaded as source term in source.f (activated by the
SOURCE card). You can find an example (opting for fluscw.f) in the Two
Steps Exercise (#7) of the last Advanced Course
(http://www.fluka.org/fluka.php?id=course&sub=program&navig=2&which=triumf2012)

Hope this helps

Francesco

Francesco Cerutti