[fluka-discuss]: Varenna School on Grid and Cloud Computing – Concepts and Practical Applications

From: Federico Carminati <Federico.Carminati_at_cern.ch>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2014 19:59:52 +0000

Dear Sir / Madam,
  it is our pleasure to announce you the Varenna School on Grid and Cloud Computing – Concepts and Practical Applications that will be held on July 25 - 30 in Varenna, Italy. All the information relative to the school can be found on the School site (http://en.sif.it/activities/fermi_school).

The School will deal with the following topics

Topics:

β€’ WLCG Grid past, present and future β€’ Clouds in the Biosciences
β€’ Scientific clouds
β€’ Global networking
β€’ Grid and Cloud architecture
β€’ Cloud middleware
β€’ Big Data: challenges and perspectives β€’ Data preser vation
β€’ Grid and Cloud Monitoring

Lecturers and Seminar will be given by major worldwide experts in Grid and Cloud computing:

A. Barczyk – California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA (USA)
I. Bird – IT Department, CERN, Geneva (Switzerland)
V. J. Breton – LPC, Campus des Cezeaux, AubiΓ¨re (France)
D. Duellmann – IT Department, CERN, Geneva (Switzerland)
I. LeGrand – PH Department, CERN, Geneva (Switzerland), California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA (USA)
M. Livny – Computer Sciences Department, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI (USA)
S. Maffioletti – GC3: Grid Computing Competence Center, University of Zurich (Switzerland)
G. Maron – INFN-CNAF, Bologna (Italy)
H. Newman – California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA (USA)
J. Shiers – IT Department, CERN, Geneva (Switzerland)

All enquiries can be directed to the School secretary

A. Grigoras
PH Department
CERN
1211 Geneva 23 (Switzerland)
Tel: +41 22 767 1470
Fax: +41 22 766 8377
Email: alina.gabriela.grigoras_at_cern.ch

We would be grateful if you could forward this message to all your interested colleagues

Latchezar Betev
Federico Carminati
A. Grigoras
PH Department