Re: [fluka-discuss]: pi0 production cross-section

From: Alfredo Ferrari <alfredo.ferrari_at_cern.ch>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2014 15:13:43 +0100

Hi

the FLUKA DPM model is known to reproduce well pi production data from
its threshold (around 5 GeV) up to roughly 10 TeV lab
(in between ISR and SppS cms energies). I underline "pi" and not pi0
because data on pi0 exist but are not too many. Above 10 TeV, FLUKA,
if linked with DPMJET3, switches gradually to DPMJET-3/PHOJET which is
a model which can work up to much higher energies.

I also take the chance to remind that publication of comparisons of FLUKA
models with other models/codes is strictly reserved to the authors as per
license.

                       The FLUKA developer team

| Alfredo Ferrari || Tel.: +41.22.76.76119 |
| CERN-EN/STI || Fax.: +41.22.76.69474 |
| 1211 Geneva 23 || e-mail: Alfredo.Ferrari_at_cern.ch |
| Switzerland || |