[fluka-discuss]: magnetic field

From: Mina Nozar <nozarm_at_triumf.ca>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 14:25:12 -0800

Hello everyone,

How does one know whether a magnetic field has actually been applied to
a region? I can't see anything in the output files that conveys this
message.

In my first attempt to set the magnetic field for a dipole magnet, I
modified magfld.f, assigned the appropriate B field to a dipole
sensitive region (vacuum) and in the ASSIGNMA card, and set magnetic
field on. I compiled magfld and built the executable linking to
magfld.o. The magnetic field is 250 G, so I put in 0.025 T for the
intensity in magfld.f. The results didn't show any deflections in the
backscattered e+/e- in the beam pipe from a 75 MeV beam dump. Most of
these e+/e- have energies less than 10 MeV (with the peak around 1-2 MeV).

Reading through the manual, I realized I forgot to include the MGNFIELD
card in the input file. So I included this card, recompiled and ran
again. And I can't see any difference.

MGNFIELD 0.0 0.0 0.0

Thanks,
Mina