Re: [fluka-discuss]: Running FLUKA on multicore

From: Thanasis Manousos <athmanou_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 11:24:38 +0100

Dear Alfredo,

FLUKA is not a multi-threaded program. So the answer is no, you cannot
run it in multicore mode.
But, on the other hand, you could spawn your jobs - In this case you'll
be able to run in different cores.
For your desktop computer, you can spawn your main job up to 4 jobs, In
this way, 4 jobs are going to be lunched in your 4 different cores.

Hope that this helps,
Best Regards
Thanasls

--