Re: [fluka-discuss]: Measuring Linear Energy Absorption Coefficient of Aluminium

From: <me_at_marychin.org>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2014 19:48:52 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

Your message divulge little as to which stage you are in, so here I layout the
generalities on setting up a Monte Carlo problem:
- acquire and master the basic skills (just like instrumentation skills in the
wet lab, in this case computational);
- check the relevant physics processes;
- formulate the best way to score the quantities of interest;
- decide on the beam specifications, not only the nominal energy but also the
footprint and energy spread;
- get the dimensions, shapes, sizes, location and composition of each of the
relevant entities, construct the geometry.

:) mary