[fluka-discuss]: The meaning of coincidence and anti-coincidence in Fluka

From: Atiyeh Aghel maleki <aty.aghel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2014 20:56:17 +0430

Hi Everyone
I have a couple of questions about the concept of coincidence and
anti-coincidence mode in "Fluka code". I am familiar with this issue and I
completely know the concept in detection.
The thing is I am trying to figure out how Fluka finds two events (e.g.
particle x and particle y) coincidence. what is timing definition in the
code?
Secondly, does Fluka be able to identify if 2 separated events in 2
different detectors (e.g. a photon in NaI detector and a beta particle in
an another detector) are coincidence or not?
Furthermore, I have not seen any documents or useful examples in this
regard. if anyone knows some, please tell me. I really appreciate any help
in advance.
best regards,