RE: [fluka-discuss]: FORMFU

From: Senger, Anna Dr. <A.Senger_at_gsi.de>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2014 13:33:34 +0000

Dear FLUKA experts.
Thank you for your comments.

Best regards
Anna

-----Original Message-----
From: Francesco Cerutti [mailto:Francesco.Cerutti_at_cern.ch]
Sent: Dienstag, 1. April 2014 15:13
To: Alberto Fasso
Cc: fluka-discuss_at_fluka.org; Senger, Anna Dr.
Subject: RE: [fluka-discuss]: FORMFU

Hi Anna

actually your formfu is never called because you forgot to select the material range in MULSOPT. Moreover, as soon as it is really called, the code will crash because you keep opening the unit 20 as new, whereas the file already exists and is open after the first call.
For the WRITE statement, see Alberto's comment ("*" corresponds to the .log file).
I see you apply form factor corrections to electron transport only (having a heavy ion beam), while you do not seem to set explicitly any related threshold (transport/production, delta).
Do not modify the original formfu.f in usermvax, do a local copy.
In the ldpmqmd script, "-m fluka" is already included.
I do not know exactly what "$FLUPRO/flutil/FFrfluka" does, but I suppose you do since you created it (it should contain "-e FFfluka").

Kind regards

Francesco

Francesco Cerutti
CERN-EN/STI