[fluka-discuss]: PROJECTILE HADRON MOMENTUM OUTSIDE OF THE ALLOWED REGION,

From: Sunil C <csunil11_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2014 12:43:18 +0200

Dear FLUKA developers

I am running 7 TeV pp collisions with ppsource of SPECSOUR card
(P1(2)Z=+(-)7 TeV) at 295 micorad angle of collisions and I find this line
in the output (under the heading "output during transport").

PROJECTILE HADRON MOMENTUM OUTSIDE OF THE ALLOWED REGION, PLAB=
 0.76100E-05

I am curious to know

1. What could be the reason for this message.

2. What does the "region" refer to ( the geometric region) ?

3. Is the offending particle nudged to bring it within the region allowed?
or is it discarded? From the output I think it is discarded as the history
number is skipped. However, in the run summary of the output I see the
total number of primaries utilized is equal to what I have asked.

Thanks in advance for the clarifications.

Cheers

Sunil