Re: [fluka-discuss]: Notable error messages

From: Joseph Comfort <Joseph.Comfort_at_asu.edu>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2014 10:43:29 -0700

Hi Alfredo,

My original job was running 4 million events (in 20+ hours), on each of
40 jobs, and I was seeing tons of messages, including those mentioned.
 From the .err files of these jobs, I have 12 with 'Svflev: failure!!!'
messages and 6 with 'Hhflev: failure!!!' messages. Maybe that can be
considered infrequent enough. There are still a large number of BME
messages.

I ran a shorter test case (40,000 events) on each of two computers, one
with a AMD FX-8350 cpu and the other a Xeon X5570 cpu. The .err files
have multiple BME errors but, on this scale, none of the 'failure' ones.
  My output (..._fort.49) files are the same for the 74 event data that
I save, which corresponds to NCASE somewhere between 3200 and 4000. The
random number sequence changes at that point.

The full files are from the AMD computer. The hpc.x files are from the
Xeon.

All of the files are included in the .tar.gz file. The file includes a
large file needed as input to the source routine.

I appreciate that you will look at the files and the case. Maybe the
issues are not as serious as I thought (or my coding could be improved).

Thank you,
Joe