[fluka-discuss]: Average excitation energy + nuclear interaction data

From: Ferreira De Almeida Lourenco, Ana <am.lourenco_at_ucl.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2014 17:29:56 +0000

Dear all

I would like to know how the average excitation energy value presented on the output file is computed.

As you know in the ICRU report 37 are presented the I-values for all elements but these values are different depending if the element is a constituent of a compound. Does FLUKA take in account the I-values for the elements if they are constituents of compounds? If so, how can I know which I-value for each element of a compound is FLUKA using? In the output file is just presented the average excitation energy for the compound used (and not for each element as well).

Also, I would like to ask the developers if it's possible to print the nuclear interaction data per element that FLUKA uses, or how can I have access to that information?

Many thanks,

Ana