RE: [fluka-discuss]: How can I obtain the dose rate (pSv/s)?

From: Joachim Vollaire <joachim.vollaire_at_cern.ch>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2014 20:43:14 +0000

Dear Núria

Related to your question, note that there are two ways to sample from a SR spectrum as explained in the FLUKA FAQ (http://www.fluka.org/fluka.php?id=faq&sub=4). Independently of the method you are using, I recommend to test your routine using a simplified geometry (vacuum and blackhole scoring USRBDX or USRTRACK) to ensure that you properly sample your source spectrum.

For the normalization, what you are suggesting is correct. The fact that some bins "contribute" more than others is accounted for in the sampling (if you sample each bin with the same probability then the weight of the primary has to be adjusted while if you sample according to the bin content then bins with a "higher" contribution will be sampled more often....). It highlights the importance of checking the consistency of your source routine....

Greetings
Joachim