[fluka-discuss]: ennuc and kpnucl out of range

From: Helmut Vincke <Helmut.Vincke_at_cern.ch>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2014 09:43:51 +0000

Dear FLUKA authors

When using the new FLUKA materials platinum and lanthanum I experience a problem of the following kind:
Irradiation of this materials with high-energy (above several TeV) protons or pions result in a stop of FLUKA due to an "out of range" access to the variables ennuc and kpnucl. Lower energies worked out fine.

I used here also first time peanut for all energies and this seems to cause the problem. Removing this option allows the run to go through.

My peanut card used was as follows:
PHYSICS 1.0e5 1.0e5 1.0e5 1.0e5 1.0e5 1.0e5PEATHRES

I assume the issue can be solved by increasing the static memory allocation of ennuc and kpnucl to a higher value. Could I ask you to think it over and to provide me with help in that respect.

Cheers
Helmut

P.S.: please find below 3 examples of the error messages triggered by the runtime lib during execution prior the stop of the program

Error messages:
Subscript out of range on file line 1368, procedure pionuc.f/pionuc.
Attempt to access the 501-th element of variable ennuc.

Subscript out of range on file line 1141, procedure nucnuc.f/nucnuc.
Attempt to access the 501-th element of variable kpnucl.

Subscript out of range on file line 2345, procedure peanut.f/peanut.
Attempt to access the 501-th element of variable ennuc.