[fluka-discuss]: How exactly are particle generation defined

From: Shirley Li <shirleyli.phys_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 17:17:00 -0400

Dear FLUKA users,

I'm studying pion (of a few GeV) interaction in water. I wanted to use
USRTRACK to score the secondary pion path length. I know I can set the
scoring bias to be 0 for generation=1 particle in fluscw.f. However, I'm
not sure what interactions will increase the particle generation. For
example, will delta-ray production (ICODE = 103) make the pion generation
go up by 1? If so, is there a way to control it such that only inelastic
interaction (ICODE = 101) increases the particle generation number?

Thank you very much!
Shirley