Re: [fluka-discuss]: Geometry problems

From: <roberto.versaci_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 20:49:22 +0200 (CEST)

Dear Jonathan,

Just for the sake of clarity, the file that you sent is not a complete
fluka input file, it is just a part of it. I don't know whether you did it
on purpose or it was corrupted. It doesn't really matter.

I had a look at what you sent and I've noticed that your regVide
definition uses a large amount of parentheses. This is not good because
parentheses have to be expanded when you run your job and this could lead
to geometry problems like those you are experiencing. Please, have a look
at this thread:
http://www.fluka.org/web_archive/earchive/new-fluka-discuss/5842.html

You can avoid this kind of problem using the flair geometry editor which
is able to create a proper geometry without using parentheses.

Cheers,

                           Roberto