[fluka-discuss]: FLOOD in BEAMPOSit

From: <akardeep_at_barc.gov.in>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 11:22:12 +0530

I want to generate source points for photon emission, distributed
uniformly on a spherical surface. The direction of the emitted photons
should be directed inwards (preferably isotropic and directed towards the
center of the sphere).
I found FLOOD option along with extra BEAMPOSit card useful for this
purpose, as mentioned in the manual:
"for SDUM = FLOOD:
    the command defines a source distribution on a spherical surface, centred
    at the x,y,z point defined by another BEAMPOSit command with SDUM
blank or
    = NEGATIVE, such as to produce a uniform and isotropic fluence within the
    sphere. "

Using it, I made an input file and used USRBIN to score photons in a
parallelepiped passing through center and binned with 170 bins along
z-direction. (See attached flood.inp file).
My expectation was that more photons will be scored in the bin located
near the center of the sphere.
If I fill Water or lead inside VOID1, simulation runs fine. But if I
replace medium by air or any gas geometry error occurs. .out and .err
files are also attached with this email.
Please help me to resolve the problem.