Re: [fluka-discuss]: Heavy Ion collision using DPMJET in FLUKA framework

From: Sourav Tarafdar <Sourav.Tarafdar_at_weizmann.ac.il>
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2014 23:49:01 +0000

Dear Fluka experts,

In continuation of the problem I came up with couple of days ago I want to add few more things. After removing “SPECSOUR” card from my input file while keeping DPMJET physics process and executing FLUKA after linking DPMJET to it , “core dump” problem got removed. So basically the input file is with just unidirectional Au beam with momentum of 100GeV/nucleon. For p+p collision by keeping “SPECSOUR” card it takes forever to finish even 1 FLUKA cycle. Is it some limitation regarding SPECSOUR card for invoking heavy ion collision or something related to it is missing in my input file ? I am hereby attaching my input file. The collision vertex is defined in vacuum within +/- 0.001 cm along X-Y-Z coordinate and it has been divided into upstream and downstream along Z axis by XYP cut plane.

Thanks
-Sourav