[fluka-discuss]: Reading out heavy fragments in FLUKA Heavy Ion collision using DPMJET-III

From: Sourav Tarafdar <Sourav.Tarafdar_at_weizmann.ac.il>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2014 09:33:45 +0000

Dear Fluka experts,

I was trying to read out heavy fragments kinematic information in heavy ion collision . I defined a collision region in the form of sphere filled with vacuum and used SPECSOUR and HI-PROPE to define my colliding beam of Au+Au at C.M. energy of 200GeV/nucleon. I tried doing that in two ways.

1) Customizing usreou.f where I made a loop over NPHEAV and tried writing the kinematic variables in user defined output file. Somehow the output file shows NPHEAV = 0 . Attached is my usreou.f file along with the corresponding input file named “fluk_dpm_usreou.inp” .

2) Customizing mgdraw.f routine where again I was making loop over NPHEAV. The corresponding input file is modified to have “USERDUMP" as scoring card. However in this case fluke crashes. I am attaching the mgdraw.f file along with the corresponding input file named “fluk_dpm_mgdraw.inp”.

In both the above cases I first compiled customized user routine to generate the corresponding “.o” file by using
$FLUPRO/flutil/fff name_userroutine.
Then I created the executable with link to DPMJET-III by using $FLUPRO/flutil/rfluka -e executable_name -m fluke name_userroutine.o
The corresponding executable is then used to run FLUKA using the rfluka script and FLUKA input file.

Can anyone please provide information related to the correct way of reading the heavy fragments kinematic information ?

Thanks
-Sourav