Re: [fluka-discuss]: requirement programes in fluka package

From: Vittorio Boccone <dr.vittorio.boccone_at_ieee.org>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2014 22:54:15 +0100

Hi Ahmed,
  sorry for the late reply.

Please keep the reply on the list. I'm not seeing the direct requests
messages because they are filtered out in a separate folder. Moreover I
will tend to delay the answer if you don't include the list in the reply.
If you use gmail on the browser you can just select reply all (small menu
button on the right of the reply button)

The reason is simple. More people could benefit of the answer to your
question if they would be able to see it.

Coming back to your question.
I understand you are probably not very familiar with Linux. Unfortunately
for you, a basic knowledge of Linux and terminal console handling is
necessary to install, run and benefit from the result of your simulation. There
are many options where you can get familiar with your linux flavour this
tools. Here you will find something which might help you
https://indico.cern.ch/event/296741/page/3 if thid is not enought Google is
your friend.

The package which you downloaded is a (compressed) tarball archive which
includes the necessary installer, all the physics libraries and a
precompiled library which need to be linked in order to create the
executable.

For the documentation on how to install FLUKA from the tarball archive
refer to Documentation->Installation and Run
<http://www.fluka.org/fluka.php?id=ins_run&mm2=3>
The information is also contained in a INSTALL file in the tarball and in
the manual -> FM.pdf

Please follow the instruction and you have problem cut and paste the
content of the terminal where you have the errors.

If you want a simpler installation you should try to get a Fedora 19 or 20
or 21 and install Fluka and flair using the RPM installation methods.

Best,

On Mon, Dec 1, 2014 at 8:59 PM, Ahmed Mogames <ahmedmogames_at_gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Vittorio :
>
> my system is windowos 8, and I have linux (ubuntu version 13.10) 32bit
> downloaded by VMware.workstation 8, the fluka downloaded by
>
> https://www.fluka.org/packages/fluka2011.2c-linuxAA.tar.gz .
>
> whene I open the pacakge I get unknown typ of files.
>
> -what is softwares can I download with fluka package to open the files?
> -is the softwares installe inside the package?
>
> thank you

>> Hi Vittorio :
>>
>> my system is windowos 8, and I have linux (ubuntu version 13.10) 32bit
>> downloaded by VMware.workstation 8, the fluka downloaded by
>>
>> https://www.fluka.org/packages/fluka2011.2c-linuxAA.tar.gz .
>>
>> whene I open the pacakge I get unknown typ of files.
>>
>> what is softwares can I download with fluka package to open the files?
>> is the softwares installe inside the package?
>>
>> thank you

>> :
>>
>>> About your account credentials
>>> https://www.fluka.org/fluka.php?id=acc_info