[fluka-discuss]: geometry access in source.f

From: Clay Lindsay <claylindsay_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2014 15:28:15 -0800

Hello Fluka users,

I'm interested in simulating a moving component by changing geometry
in a source routine. I saw another post referring to 'RSTBDY' or
'SETBDY' routines for this purpose. While this achieves the goal
nicely, it would be convenient to be able to access a body's
parameters inside the source routine. Does there exist a 'GETBDY'
routine which returns the whats of an existing body? This way I can
define a body in an input file, get those parameters in the source
routine, and move the body based on pre-input position. Is there a
place I could find documentation on these types of routines?

Another way to do this would be the use of the transform directives.
If it was possible to modify transform directives in source, it would
be easy to achieve the desired motion without directly managing
bodies. Are transforms (ROT-DEFIni) directives pre-computed, or can
they change in source?

Also I'm interested in changing materials in source. Is it possible
to change a region's material, or a material's density? This would be
useful in modifying input based on a metrics like energy deposition
(eg. changing a gas density depending on local energy deposition).

Thanks for you help,

Clay Lindsay