[fluka-discuss]: Fragmentation asymmetry in Heavy Ion Collision ?

From: Sourav Tarafdar <Sourav.Tarafdar_at_weizmann.ac.il>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 14:02:30 +0000

Dear Fluka experts,

  While using FLUKA to simulate Au+Au collision at C.M. energy = 200 GeV/nucleon I noticed asymmetry in particle production along with fragmentation. Attached are few plots which shows fragment production is higher on one side of interaction point as compared to the other side along Z axis. Just wondering what mechanism is causing this even though my collision system is completely symmetric ? Any inputs in this regard will be of great help.

Thanks
-Sourav