[fluka-discuss]: [fluka-discuss]: Transmittance do not agree with NIST!!!

From: Alberto Fasso' <fasso_at_slac.stanford.edu>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2015 07:43:27 -0800 (PST)

Mr. Chen Yuan,

I have already told you TWICE that FLUKA does not simulate wave effects.
What you call "a modulation phenomenon by the interface" is in fact what
is normally called refraction, and - as I have told you - is the result of
interference of wavelets. FLUKA does not handle wave interference.
Therefore, please don't insist anymore. There must certainly be specialized
programs that can deal with that sort of effect: look for one and don't
use FLUKA if you are interested only in that effect

Alberto

PS Discussions which have been initiated on the list should not be continued
by private e-mail

--
Alberto Fasso`
SLAC-RP, MS 48, 2575 Sand Hill Road, Menlo Park CA 94025