[fluka-discuss]: Electron models and dose clarification

From: Zafar Yasin <Zafar.Yasin_at_cern.ch>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 11:45:37 +0000

Dear Fluka experts,

I am using FLUKA to model a beam dump for 2.5-5 GeV electron beam. I am not an expert
in FLUKA and want to clarify the following, although I have read in fluka discussion forum about these.

Firstly, when I activate PHOTONUCL and LAB-BIAS cards, the computing time increases
so much and output file is also too big, either these card are necessary at such higher energy range?
Is their need to activate any special models or libraries for electrons, photons and neutrons?

Secondly, I want to calculate dose rates in (µSv/hr) and for this I am using USERBIN with DOSE-EQ option.
This gives dose in pSv/primary. If I multiply this with say my 105 eletrons/hr,
then the I can get dose in pSv/hr or µSv/hr. In this case what will be the role of AUXSCORE card?

Thirdly, I want to plot dose rates superimposed over geometry or else as my plotting seem not convincing, plot attached.

My relevant cards for scoring are:

PHOTONUC 1.
LAM-BIAS 0.0 0.005 ELECTRON PHOTON
USRBIN 10. DOSE-EQ -21. 80. 80. 125.Dose-eq
USRBIN -80. -80. -50. 200. 100. 200. &
USRBIN 10. DOSE -22. 80. 80. 125.
USRBIN -80. -80. -50. 200. 100. 200. &

Thank you in advance