[fluka-discuss]: Recombination of electron and ion pairs in ionizing chamber

From: Ñ <b-yang12_at_mails.tsinghua.edu.cn>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2015 11:31:53 +0800 (GMT+08:00)

Thank Alberto,Paola and Jean-Emmanuel for your comments, They are very helpful to me. I have found that the recombination is not assoicated with high dose rate in my situation, where the dose is hundrends of uSv and the pulse width of radiation is dozens of ps (1E-12s), Because in general,the overlapped time of negtive and positive ions is the magnitude of us, which is much larger than the pulse width of radiation in my situation. It means If the energy deposition is same ,the pluse width,whether ps or ns ,make no difference to the reconbination. So I think Boga¡®theory is applicable to my situation. Thanks very much again for all of you .

Bo Yang