Re: [fluka-discuss]:

From: Vittorio Boccone <dr.vittorio.boccone_at_ieee.org>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2015 21:14:11 +0200

Dear Mr.Arghya Chattaraj,
   you have several options depending on what you want to achieve. Your
explanation is not very detailed therefore (which scattering you want to
cut? Rayleigh? Compton? Which material and which region of interest?

 I can only give you some generic guidelines:
In those slides (
https://indico.cern.ch/event/296741/contribution/23/material/slides/0.pdf
and
https://indico.cern.ch/event/296741/contribution/24/material/slides/0.pdf) you
find introduction and infromation to tune the energy cut of the EM
processes (and the transportation threshold) if you are interested in cut
the scattering at the interaction at the source.

In those slides (
https://indico.cern.ch/event/296741/contribution/12/material/slides/0.pdf) you
find an introduction on the scoring in case you need to filter the
informations you want to select while scoring.

Best,
Vittorio

On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 6:50 AM, <arghyac_at_barc.gov.in> wrote:

> >>Dear fluka experts,
> suppose the energy of my primary photon beam is 1.25MeV.Then how to
> cut the scatter component in the region of interest.

> For the second question,I mean for biasing i.e. for each particle
> passing
> > a boundary you get N identical particle with weight 1/N.
> How to manage these two cases with Fluka?

Region biasing: you can have a look at the course slides and exercise
https://indico.cern.ch/event/296741/contribution/20/material/slides/0.pdf
https://indico.cern.ch/event/296741/timetable/#20140514