Re: [fluka-discuss]: DOSE and ENERGY deposition

From: Paola Sala <paola.sala_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2015 10:46:19 +0200

Hello
the problem is in the thresholds:
- EMF-CUT : the regiopns must be specified, otherwise the settings are
applied only to region number 2
- EMF-CUT : it's better to issue two cards, one for transport thresholds
(sdum=blank), another for production thresholds (sdum=PROD-CUT). This last
works BY MATERIAL. Seen your problem, you can go down to 1 keV

- PHOTON thresholds are to be specified with the second WHAT in EMF-CUT,
NOT woth the part_THR card. They should be equal to or, better, lower
than the electron thresholds.
- DELTARAY production threshold should be set equal to EMF-CUT
- PROTON threshold with PART-THRES (global for all regions/materials) can
be lowered to 1keV

This should help in getting a better equilibrium
Paola

> Thanks, I know. I have to use SPHs for some reason. We have to find the
> cause.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Vadim
> On Apr 30, 2015 2:52 AM, "Luigi Salvatore Esposito" <
> luigi.salvatore.esposito_at_cern.ch> wrote:
>
>> Vadim,
>> likely the artefact is due to your geometry definition.
>> Instead of using SPHs to cut the RCC try to use infinite planes XYP.
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Luigi
>>

>> > On 30 Apr 2015, at 09:03, Vadim Moskvin <vadim.p.moskvin_at_gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> >
>> > Dear Authors and Colleagues,
>> >
>> > I have noticed a strange difference between DOSE and Energy
>> deposition
>> (please see figures in the attachment). If the DOSE was calculating as
>> deposition from energy in a given bin accounting on a density of the
>> material where this deposition was and then after all, during the
>> post-processing, we divide on the bin volume, then we should not have
>> this
>> artifact. Please advase what went wrong. It seems like the division on
>> the
>> mass density were moved to post-processing (I had never seen this
>> artifact
>> before). It could be that something went wrong in my coding...I will
>> appreciate your suggestion from fresh view on files.
>> >
>> > Thank you,
>> >
>> > Vadim
>> > <EX1.flair><EX1.inp><EX1_22_plot.jpg><EX1_24_plot.jpg>

Paola Sala
INFN Milano
tel. Milano +39-0250317374
tel. CERN +41-227679148